Here's Hannah playing on her bed (a blanket on the floor) in the motel room.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Homeless, Homeless, like the Christ Child was
Ok so first of all in case you don't recognize the title it's a line from a Michael McLean song, so I'm not being sacrilegious. And yes we are in fact homeless. But everything is good because we will soon have a place to rent- Yeah! We signed the papers yesterday and can move in on Friday. It took us awhile to find a place. I guess I should start back from the beginning. We left last Wednesday from Utah and after a slow drive in a huge moving truck we arrived in Oklahoma City Thursday evening. So on Friday our search began. After spending two days looking at a few crack houses, aparments with left over cigerette smoke still dwelling, and a townhome where they do a crimanal background check and only let you pay by money order we decided to take a break until Monday. Sunday we went to one of the local wards. It's such a great thing to be able to go anywhere and have a ward to go to. Especially in a city where we don't know anyone and everything is so different to us- it was really nice to walk into a church building and feel at home. After Sunday, everything changed for the better. Monday we looked at some nice homes, great neighborhoods, and reasonable prices. By Monday evening we decided to go with a cute white house just a few blocks from the university. It's three bedrooms, two baths, and it even has a laundry room (seperate from the bathrooms, yeah!). It's 1350 square feet and has a huge fenced back yard. It's exactly what we were looking for.

Here's Hannah playing on her bed (a blanket on the floor) in the motel room.
Here's Hannah playing on her bed (a blanket on the floor) in the motel room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A house!?! I'm so jealous and so super excited for you guy! Not that it will every REALLY measure up to your time in the trailer:) I mean, really, you had a dumpster in your front yard! It doesn't get more convenient than that:) Hahaha...sigh. Ya, just kidding. I would LOVE to see pictures of your new place just as soon as you get a chance. Congrats again guys, it will be SO nice to have all that space and all that fresh grass!
Man, I need to start proof reading before I post. Sorry for all the type-o's (ps-how the heck do you spell 'type-O'?
Post a Comment