Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Cards

This week I have been busy gathering addresses from all four corners of the world (ok, well not the world per say) to send out our Christmas Cards. Why is it during this time each year I am reminded of friends that I have yet to talk to or make contact with since the year before. I really need to work on that!

But even with the guilt trip, I still enjoy looking over all the names and thinking of how much each person means to us.

Yesterday I came across the address of an old Bishop of mine. And it reminded me of all I have to be thankful for...his name brings back memories and reminds me of Unanswered Prayers...

A little over four years ago I sat across his desk looking for some comforting words and hope. He instead quoted a Garth Brooks song (cheesy I know but yet true- I think only in Lewiston would a Bishop quote Garth Brooks). My Bishop told me that sometimes even when we want something really bad God shows us his love through Unanswered Prayers. I didn't want unanswered prayers. I wanted everything to be fixed.

But I have learned that sometimes through the hardest trials Unanswered Prayers are 'God's Greatest Gift'. He loves us so much that he is willing to give us trials so that we can also experience pure joy.

I know Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I'm thankful for a Bishop that knew that about me. I realize there will be more trials and hardships to come. I know there will be more Unanswered Prayers. But God is All Knowing...

During this time of the year with extra focus on our Savior, our Heavenly Father, and Families I am especially very thankful for my Unanswered Prayers, the wisdom and guidance of a Bishop, and the blessings that have come from putting trust in Heavenly Father...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautifully written :)

Kassie said...

WOW! WHAT A POWERFUL WRITER YOU ARE!!! I'M STILL TRYING TO BE GRATEFUL FOR MY UNANSWERED PRAYERS. YOU ARE AMAZING DANNIE!!! CONGRATS ON THE 8K!!! WAHOO!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
LOVE,
KASSIE & HUNTER