Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sushi, Santa, and Hats...

I'm pretty frequent with my postings so I feel like it's been forever since I posted last! A whole 9 days...that's a long time.

I have to admit, there hasn't been very much excitment here in our Okeyville home. I just finished up with online classes, so I can now enjoy two and a half weeks of freedom before having to log back into Blackboard. Chris has been extremely busy studying for exams. Some days he has just shut the office door and studied all day except to break for meals- No Lie! He's been working so hard and even though I miss him, I'm so proud of all the hours he has put into his classes.

On Monday Chris did the cutest thing, he placed note cards on the washer (Mondays are laundry day in our house so he knew I would see the cards there) and wrote one word on each card. I had to flip over to the next card and so forth to get the message. In short it said that I would get an early Christmas gift- dining out at my choice of Sushi restaurants! This was so sweet, first of all because he is the one working so hard but yet wanted to treat me, second because he's not the biggest fan of sushi (he'll eat it though), third because he could tell I needed a break, and fourth because we never go out to eat (has to do with the budget thing). So yesterday we enjoyed a lovely sushi lunch. Chris even really liked the roll he ordered!

So on another note, we keep thinking that Hannah is on the verge of walking. She's taken a few steps on her own here and there and will walk (today she ran) but only while holding onto my pinky.

She's so cute though, whenever we walk into a room with a picture of Jesus on the wall she points and says 'Sheshus' in a whisper. She has also learned the term nose and loves to find it when asked to. She likes to find belly buttons too. Just ask her to find yours- she will!

And now for the pictures (I know that's all came here for anyway)...

A couple of weeks ago Chris' parents sent us a train set. How fun is this! Chris loves train and has also passed on the excitement to Hannah. Often times I catch them just sitting around it and playing.


This past Saturday Hannah and I went to the Ward Christmas party. This was Hannah's first time sitting on Santa's lap. I think she did pretty well. She didn't cry, just looked a little unsure of the interesting looking old man. (She'll love him soon enough though...ones she knows what he's all about!)



Sunday night we went to the Myriad Gardens. During the month of December they decorate it with lots of lights and you can get in for free. Do you recognize the first plant? It's our Love Fern!

Last Friday was a hat day (and a naked day) for the Nanas...and a naked day

1. Free Stuff
2. Mom's Lemon Bar Recipe
3. Tennessee in 4 days!


2 comments:

ianspotlight said...

I'm glad Hanny Bannany didn't scream with Santa. Ian is fine with strangers and usually loves going up to them. However, when he saw santa and I tried putting him on Santa's lap, Ian screamed bloody murder. He was terrified. We couldn't help but laugh!! He had a death grip on me!!

Carolyn Nelson said...

What cute pictures and how sweet of Chris to have a sushi dinner with you. I think you are all doing really well. The pictures are darling! We will miss you this Christmas but I know Grandma and Grandpa Kite are going to love Christmas!