Tuesday, December 9, 2008

According to Ghetto Okeyville...

I'm a Crappy, Idiotic Mother.
(Don't you love when a post starts out this way)

No really I am though.
At least according to some lady driving by Wal-Mart, I am.

This okeyville lady decided to ruin my lovely shopping morning by rolling down her window and yelling at me,
exclaiming that I am an idiot and crappy mom for not having a hoodie on my daughter. A incase I didn't hear the fist time, she felt like repeating it again.
And just to clarify- I did have a hoodie on my daughter but Okeyville seems to have a problem with wind and wind likes to blow hoodies off.

But why am I really a bad mom? Because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I had to yell back at her, telling her not to call me a bad mom and that the wind just blows the hoodie off.
Who's Ghetto now! Me!

The best part of this- it took place all while trying to put money into the Salvation Army's Donation bucket. Man! I'm a bad mom.

But what I really wanted to tell this Okeyville lady was not to judge me. I'm harsh enough on myself about my lack of mom talent. It's a sensitive subject. I realize I'm not top Mom, I try though. And hope I'm doing an okay job.

I would also tell her,
'that's fine- if you want to buy her a jacket
or coat that fits then go ahead.
But for now all she has are last winter's jackets.
That's right, sizes 3-9 months!
I do my best with what we have!
So go ahead if your so concerned about us,
walk your butt into Walmart and buy her a coat!'
She drove off before I could say that long speech though.

(oh and Grandmas don't stress about your little munchkin-
I won a target gift card so as soon as that comes in the mail we are off to buy her a warm toasty coat with a hoodie of course, maybe one that velcros to her hair...)

And to end the post in all Randomness...
Goodness, I miss Logan!!!

(and sorry, no pictures. I try not to take pictures of bad mom scenes.
Thanks for letting me vent though. It actually is kind of funny after writing it down. Come What May, And Love It, Right?!)

______________________________
1. A Sweet husband that lets me vent
2. shelter from the WIND
3. Chocolate

12 comments:

Jena said...

Dumb lady! Don't worry i'm POSITIVE you are far from a bad mom! And i know how old small hoodies are!!!

PS, i didn't do either. Acuatlly Evans Grandpa did the first and I didn't pay attention to who did the second, i just saw it and loved it!

cally said...

I smile and say thankyou. And purposely NOT put the socks back on. Because they'll still be productive citizens with bare feet.

That makes the proxy mom's of WallyWorld real mad.

Carolyn Nelson said...

You are NOT a bad mom! Hannah looks so happy and fit that you must being doing all the right things! Does the coat Jolene gave you still fit?

Carolyn

Bekah said...

karma karma karma. I bet she ran into a telephone pole on the way home. Am I evil for kind of hoping so? I think you're an excellent mom, hoodie or not...my son wouldn't keep one on even if I duct-taped it to his head.

Jennifer said...

We all have days like this...

To cheer you up though, I'd like to send you a coupon for a free bottle of Clorox 2. Yep, you won my giveaway! Looks like you are on a streak! :)

The Wright Fam said...

Ok, I am not so good at guessing games, but we want to play... BUT, first we have to know, are they still living in Logan?! Your maiden name isn't Kite is it?! (guess 1)

PS- I think you are a fabulous mom!!

Mary said...

I'm sorry this stupid woman started off your shopping trip badly. People can be so awful. I know what ya mean about trying the best you can - being a mom really is the toughest job in the world!

Holly said...

Dani-You are hilarious! To bad you live so far away, I could give you two hand-me-down coats with hoodies!

Amanda said...

That is the best story ever!! You are not a terrible mom, regardless of what you may think and what that crazy old lady may think!!

Got your Christmas card in the maile today!! Love it. It is hung proudly on our fridge!

The Wright Fam said...

What are the odds that you are Tommy's sister?!!!! We LOVE Jena dn Tommy! Jen is a dear, dear friend of mine! What a small world. We'll have to catch up more at church!

AngiDe said...

Hi, thanks for coming by and entering my giveaway! Good luck!

So, I think we might have a bit in common.... my husband is in law school too! and did I see you mention Logan?? as in Logan, UT?? I went to Utah State?!?! (hopefully that is the logan you were talking about... if not....disregard that =)

Angie
"Nana's Box"

Tressa & Mark said...

Good Grief! I've got three youngins' and there times that I think my good standing as a Mom should be revoked. And that's after all the "experience" of having THREE children. So, fear not.

Email me and I'll send you my experience as being Mom of the Year.