I realize that having a child means you love them no matter what, even when they talk back, break curfew, sneak out at night, or decide to come home with a couple extra piercings. But what if they make you into an accomplice with there sneaky ways? Usually a parent is given years to prepare for such occurrences. So please understand my shock when I realized that our almost one year old decided to make a bottle of shampoo a 'hot item'.It started innocently enough with a trip to Target. I went there specifically for a bottle of Gentle Naturals Cradle Cap shampoo, because yes my daughter still has a terrible case of cradle cap. Of course, when you are in Target you can't just get the one thing you go in for. They have too many cute clothes, for me and Hannah, too many stylish shoes, and too much affordable jewelry. Anyway, after awhile of shopping Hannah needed to be entertained. I then proceeded to give her the bottle of shampoo for entertainment. By the time I checked out though I had totally forgotten about the shampoo and threw the few unneeded items on the checkout counter. It wasn't until the next morning that I realized I had forgotten all about the shampoo- my whole point in going to Target. I then came to the conclusion that Hannah must have dropped it onto the floor while shopping. Well later that day while checking out at Walmart I reached into the diaper bag to find nothing other than the shampoo. Of course the cashier looked at me, probably wondering what kind of stunt I was trying to pull. All I could say was "Oh no, you see I still need to pay for it... at Target though...my daughter stole it." And right there I realized I had become an accomplice. So after our WIC appointment (which btw, Rachel I miss you! The WIC here is so Ghetto!) and a nap, we drove to Target to pay for the shampoo. I guess you could call us Bonnie and Clyde...Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...the James Brothers gang, ok well not really. I'll just keep you informed on how the cradle cap thing goes.
Oh and on another note... should I be worried that my daughter is now into decapitation? Poor willow tree, never stood a chance. Here's a picture of what happened while I was writing this post. I guess I should have just given her the shampoo...
Oh well, that's what I get for letting her entertain herself with the willow trees. We should probably get around to finally buying her some dolls, you think?
1. the zoo
2. bath time
3. birthday marathons
2 comments:
How funny! She knew right where to put in as well!
That is funny. And the poor willow tree! :)
I was going to suggest for the cradle cap using head and shoulders shampoo. You have to be careful not to get it in their eyes at all b/c its medicated but Natalie had really bad cradle cap (it was disgusting) and my doctor recommended that and it cleared up pretty quickly after that.
Here's my blog.
(www.craikerfamily.blogspot.com)
Post a Comment