Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Night Out...



This past Friday we had a fun nightout of shopping at the mall (well, window shopping) and a fabulous dinner at Olympic Steakhouse (thanks to reward points from discover card). Now normally a night such as this one wouldn't deserve any blogging rights but this night was extra special. So special we'd like to call it a Date Night. That's right, there was no Nanners in the back seat accompaning us on this outting! Thanks to a great couple from our ward (Thanks Jen and Anthony!!!) we were able to have an evening with just the two of us. It had been three months, and one move ago that we were able to have our last date night so you can see my over enthusiasm about it.


Oh how I had forgotten how much I love spending a little quality time with my husband. I have to admit that during our date I was reminiscing a little too much about our good ole dating days before we said the I do's. Now first let me add in a disclaimer, I LOVE being married and LOVE being a Mom but sometimes I just like to think of those single days fondly. The ones where I spent hours in the bathroom getting ready, trying on all 5 of my roommates wardrobes to find the perfect outfit, and then opening the front door to see Chris standing there to pick me up. I still remember how just the touch of his hand on the small of my back would leave me breathless. I recount all the times we would make dinner together at one of our places with the music blaring. I remember the first time he pulled me away from the stove to dance with me in the kitchen, there wasn't any music on that time, but we danced anyway.



With that said though I must also say that I would NEVER want to go back. I love my cute little family in the making, and I have so many wonderful memories and traditions that have been made in just the past two and half years. Also the truth of it all is that the only thing that has really changed since being married is that I don't have roommates to borrow clothes from. Oh and I don't have to say goodbye to him at the end of the night. Wink Wink....

1. The Office- hilarous!
2. Mary Kays eye makeup remover
3. R.H.S.T.L

2 comments:

~Jen~ said...

I'm glad you had fun! That picture of the two of you is great by the way!

The next morning Isabella was asking me when Hannah could come and play again - so I guess you'll have to plan another date night! :)

Carolyn Nelson said...

How romantic you are! I think that is great. It sure does wonders for a marriage to keep that zing going. (This from an unmarried - never married - single person. We are always the best authority on things we have never tried!)