Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Politics, sigh

(Disclaimer:This post is not to bash McCain or McCain voters. I believe that both candidates would make decent presidents. Obama's ideas for resolving major issues just parallel my own feelings a lot more than McCain's.So with that said, please don't take offense if you aren't Democrat. I don't even consider myself one party or the other- I vote for who pushes for the issues I see most needed. I don't agree with all of Obamas stances and I don't disagree with all of McCain's. Anyway, with that said here's my politics post-the one and only politics post)



Yesterday while driving I frequently passed people with signs that read "Honk for Obama".

I Honked- Several Times.





I have made a point not to discuss politics on my blog- until now.

After reading a few other blogs and hearing indirect comments about the world coming to an end and that voting for Obama is immoral, oh and 'How the heck could a Mormon vote Obama, you should read your Book of Mormon more', I feel compelled to use my 1st amendment right and speak...






I am Proud to have voted for Obama...

I'm still a Good Mormon

I'm still a Good Mom




Why I voted for Obama...

Maybe it is because my family and I have needed assistance in the past.

The government has helped us on that one.






Maybe it's because I've taken one to many Social Work classes.

Darn those Liberal Professors.

Maybe I hope that one day when I finally am a LSW I will put those same programs that have helped us into use to help others.

I still want those programs to be around for others.






Maybe I voted Obama because our "land of opportunity" needs a little help.

The CEO's don't need help.






Maybe because one day when we are well off (or not)

I will still want to help the lower class.

I will be okay with my hard earned money helping others in need.






Maybe because our Health Insurance ways need a new way.

Health Insurance, that's a whole other post...






And Maybe because I still consider myself a Moral person, even after voting Democrat...


...Rumor has it, there are a few Apostles that are Democrats.

Pres. Faust was a Democrat.

4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

I don't think you're bad if you vote for Obama. :) Silly people that get in their minds that religion automatically says what political party you are.

Bekah said...

Amen sweetheart. I think you stated it beautifully. And for those who say we should read the book of mormon more...oh man, i have a lot of scriptures that are right up the democrats alley, so those people can just go jump in a creek. I think you are a wonderful person and a wonderful mom, democrat and all! Oh, and if I'd seen that sign, I would have honked too. :)

~Jen~ said...

Hey, I wanted to jump out of the car on Saturday when I saw a woman walking down the street with a life sized Obama poster. I WANTED a picture with it! Anthony wouldn't let me though. Darn it!

Honk away, I'm honking too.

Carolyn Nelson said...

I agree with you 100%!! Go Obama!

PS I consider myself a democrat and a good Mormon gal!