Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Eventually I'll post more hospital pictures and all the fun things that the kids did with the Grandmas while they were here. (There are a lot of pictures!) And it's also always fun to post about the birth story...maybe I'll finally get to that when I post Bekah's one month update.
But for now I'll post Easter pictures :)
Dying Easter Eggs



Moonbounce at a local Easter Egg Hunt


Easter Sunday (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Johnsen for the outfits)

Our little model-

Isn't she so yummy looking. I can't stop nibbling on this little girl!

Sisters :)
Easter egg hunt in our backyard
We had so much fun this Easter! We went to several Easter egg hunts (I didn't post any of those, they're on Chris' phone), we dyed eggs, and made yummy treats.
My favorite treat:
I also tried my hardest to help Hannah and Cael understand why we really celebrate Easter. Not sure if they got it or not. (Kind of hard when there are so many 'bunny' related activities) If you have any good ideas to teach about the Resurrection to little ones then let me know. Even though Easter is over with, I figured since all the candy and egg hunts are behind us I plan on focusing even more on the holiday's real meaning during the week.

2 comments:

Jena said...

i LOVE the purple! And they are so stinking cute. I try to get easter basket stuff that is mainly about christ. Books, 'activities' that they can do to remind them. I think its working, cause my 4 year old knows what easter is about, and my 7 year old niece has no clue.

Robin said...

They are so cute! I almost got that same dress for Emily. Congrats on the new baby btw! I do check your blog, I'm just not good on commenting.

So this wasn't planned but we went for a walk on Sunday and the cemetery here has awesome hills for walking and getting a good workout so lots of people walk around the cemetery. Anyway the boys asked tons of questions about dead people so we used that as our opportunity to teach about Christ and his resurrection. In fact Corban brought it up on his own, he said, "Mom, can you tell me how Jesus died?" So I seized the opportunity! They still are talking about people coming back to life. We just burried a dead Robin bird we found in our backyard and the boys kept saying how he will come back to life and just walk out of there. They at least get the idea somewhat...