Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meet Ralphy...


...Our very own pet Snake




He graced us with his presence this afternoon on our porch. Our guess is that he is a Garter Snake (at least 4 feet long), so here's to hoping he takes care of any unwanted critters. No cats though, Ralphy.

***addition/side note- Ralphy might actually be a Bull Snake. I've been looking up different snakes found in this area and it doesn't look exactly like any of them but it's closest to a Bull or Garter. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Christine said...

It's a little hard to say because your pictures are small but Chris thinks it's a garter snake. It's really big for a garter though but he thinks a bull snake has a different head. All I can say is you are one amazing woman for keeping that thing alive. I can't stand snakes!

Carolyn Nelson said...

We had a blow snake living under our porch when we were little. Mom taught us to freeze when we saw him but let him alone because he took care of the mice, etc.