Friday, January 23, 2009

I worry sometimes about what example do I set for my daughter. I want her to be confident, always feel beautiful, and know of her great self worth . I also want her to see that in me and others. It's so important to have a good self esteem, especially in this crazy world!

So last week while entering some giveaways, I found a new favorite site called The Girl Revolution.
This site is devoted to teaching girls about having self esteem, being fit, and empowerment. I love it! Oh and on a side note they are having a TON of giveaways, but hurry they end really soon!

And if you having any ideas that you do with your daughters to help them know of their worth and beauty then pass on the knowledge here please! Much needed!

2 comments:

Carolyn Nelson said...

Keep telling her she is a child of God and Heavenly Father and Jesus will always love her.

Shaping Youth said...

Self worth comes from within, so it's a tricky question, but I love the Respect Rx blog for tips on this and actually, ALL of the blogs we honored on Shaping Youth in our 'All Things Girl' series here:
http://blog.shapingyouth.org/?p=4507

(see roundup of links at the end)

Personally, preteen athletics and body positive views have been a savior in our home, you can find many tips on this via Preteen Alliance's site too...

And finally, I love the 'write a letter to your body' thanking it concept which BlogHer.org instilled for self worth and self esteem; we use that exercise with teens a lot on Shaping Youth.

Good luck pursuing your social work degree!

Amy Jussel, Founder/E.D.
www.ShapingYouth.org


Amy