Don't worry, the title of this post isn't from one of my daily adventures. Thank goodness Hannah isn't old enough to color a bathtub purple or get a hold of some margarine. Neither do we have a pet to lose.
But I did just finish reading an Ensign article called 'Grasshoppers, Purple Bathtubs, and Other Surprises' and the poor mom in it had all of those events take place plus more all in one day! Does this post take you back to Reading Rainbow? If it does, good because I love that show! Besides I really enjoyed the article, and even though we don't have tons of kids running around, it was still extremely helpful. The writer explains how if you can find humor in situations then it helps to shrink the problem, that is advice well needed. Especially since even with one child I stay busy. For those of you that don't know, I'm a very scheduled, plan it out person. (Don't laugh at me, Millers!) Laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and mopping each have there own set days. And everyday I wake up at 7:30 feed Hannah, pickup after whatever doesn't pickup itself, go jogging, read scriptures, Hannah's first nap...(well you get the idea...I'm an O.C. scheduler). Anyway to the point of it all... I need to find more humor in things. Like when Hannah decides to pee on the floor (see previous post), decides to throw the baby food jar on the floor and it breaks, or when she decides that crushing the crackers all onto my just vacuumed floor is a good idea (I see a pattern here, maybe I value the floor to much?) Well, seeing more humor in situations is my new goal. Laughing more keeps you younger anyway right?!
Here's the link to the article on lds.org:
(Thanks Robin for suggesting this article in your post!)
2 comments:
Good I'm glad you read it! I really needed that article when I read it. It was just one of those days, I'm sure you know!
Oh my heck! It's so good to hear from you! Your little girl is so big! She's beautiful! I'm excited to keep in touch and read up on what you guys are doing!
Post a Comment