Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Everyday Life... and My Random Thoughts...

Hannah has now decided that whenever she can't do something a tantrum should follow it. Examples... She can't turn the page of a book- she throws a tantrum. I then show her that it is because she is sitting on the book that she can't turn the page!
... She can't pull pants over her head. I show her they go on her legs... Tantrum
... She finally gets mommy's shirt on over her head but then can't get it off... Tantrum (this comes after she has been sitting on the shirt and trying to pull it out from under her. Like the book incident...Tantrum)
But even with all her tantrums, I love this little girl! Her sense of humor is really starting to show. She keeps me laughing with all of her silliness! This morning Chris started dancing with me and Hannah was sitting on the floor watching. I guess she wanted to join in on the event because she started swaying and rocking back and forth and laughing. Maybe she was just making fun of us since there wasn't any music playing (we're geeks, I know). Later on during Thomas and Friends (the one show I let her watch religiously) she kept going up to the television and laughing. And just now before nap time she thought it would be funny to try and get mommy to eat the stuffed piggy. While I was holding her (trying to sing a lullaby) she just kept putting the pig's tail in my mouth and laughing.
I hope she always has this humor, and that it isn't one of those childlike qualities that fades with age.
...I'm starting to really like it here in Okeyville. It's really green now with all the rain we have received, and even though it is just the beginning of September, I swear I smell Fall in the air! That makes me extra happy (fuzzy, warm feeling, type of happy).
We still don't know to many people here. That makes it kind of hard sometimes. We miss are Logan buddies a ton! But we have a very friendly ward and great neighbors so I'm sure we'll make close friends soon.
...Chris is surviving Law school. He studies and reads a lot for his classes. We see less of him now then we did in Logan when he was working full time. But that only means he's kicking serious but in his class!
We've started naming his professors after those in the Harry Potter books. That's how I remember which teachers he has each day for classes. Tonight he's in Prof. Snape's class and Prof. Trelawney class.
Ok, so enough rambling. And if you made it all the way through this I hope your not utterly bored now and disappointed to find no pictures! But I just wanted to ramble some- more for me and journal keeping than really anyone else.

3 comments:

Carolyn Nelson said...

Keep on rambling!!! I love your philosophies. Let us know if Chris survives Professor Snape!!?!

Janell R. Cropper said...

I love how they will just laugh at the funnest little things. I definitely agree that the sense of humor definitely makes you forget about all the tantrums they have. It's so much fun.. :)

Grammy said...

I've had many Prof. Snape teachers over my life. Chris, being the get along with everyone man, will take it all in stride.