This month we have been doing a Financial Fast. This means that we aren't eating out or buying anything that we do not need (you know the little, or sometimes big things that you buy at the store that weren't on the list to begin with. i.e. cute pair of shoes on sale, clearanced holiday stuff, toy to keep the kids quite during grocery shopping...). Anyways, you get the idea. So when we ran out of laundry detergent, I decided to look into making some. I was a little nervous about it at first but after talking to some friends and finding out what they like best I went for it! Conclusion, I love it and it's so much cheaper than the Tide that we love. I went to do the mathematical break down of how much it'll save us but then I found this website that already did it for me and they used the same exact recipe too- Recipe for Homemade Laundry Detergent
I found everything in the laundry detergent isle. I used Zote instead of the fels-naptha and since I don't own a large food processor, I just grated the soap using a cheese grater (that's why it's not crumbled up and mixed in as well, but it still works great).
Of course you can do without the oxiclean, baking soda, and crystals and it would be even cheaper but I wanted it to be as close to Tide as possible and so I went to for the extra stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment