Monday, August 31, 2009

One Proud Mamma!



Not to long ago we bought a potty for Hannah, hoping that she would want to start potty training. We haven't pushed it, no hurry, we've just told her about it and let her sit on it with her cloths on whenever she wants. Unfortunately one of those times she pinched her finger in between the removable seat and the potty its self (she's such a nerd!) so any excitement in her potty quickly faded.

Then this afternoon while folding laundry, I heard Hannah banging around in the bathroom. Noise in the bathroom is usually never good and leads to time out! I quickly walked in and found Hannah with a roll of toilet paper, half of it unrolled across the bathroom floor and stuffed in the toilet. Oh was she about to be in trouble, until I noticed her potty. She had used it! Then I realized that she was actually wiping herself with the toilet paper and putting it in the toilet!

So instead of getting in trouble she got a mint fudge brownie, and yes chocolate is a perfectly fine reward no matter what the potty training books say!

7 comments:

Grammy said...

Hurray for Hannah! She is growing up so fast.

ianspotlight said...

Good for Hannah,we are proud of her.

Jessi said...

How terrific! Way to go Hannah. That potty is probably the funnest (is that correct grammar?) looking potty I've ever seen:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that she is getting that big! That is so exciting... you guys look like you are doing really good! Miss you...
Dana

Holly said...

You are MY KINDA MOM!!!! I wish I was rewarded that way for going potty! How are you? I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you're havin a good day!

Keri said...

I haven't been on your site in ages and thought I would take a peek. Hannah is adorable! I was flipping through some old posts and think you should move to #24 on your list when ready to settle down for good. It's a pretty great place.

Carolyn Nelson said...

Wonderful, Hannah! Aunt Carolyn is so proud of you!