Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nanakins



I feel like I haven't posted in forever! Well, actually I did post this past Sunday, but it was mostly venting. Monday I woke up, felt much better and decided to delete the venting part. Here is the rest of it. No venting, just a whole bunch of Nanakin rambling (I feel like I haven't rambled about this cute girl enough lately so it's a novel!)...



So I honestly can't believe how big this girl is getting! Do they normally get big so quickly?

She now loves to sit at the table with us. I love it! It's fun having her join us for lunch and dinner. The high chair always made it feel like she was excluded. Now we just need to get her a booster seat.

Chris often comments about how sensitive Hannah is to our feelings. She knows when I'm sad, happy, or frustrated. If she thinks I'm upset with her she gets so worried and follows me everywhere sniffling until I stop to hug her. It's very cute, and keeps me from being upset for very long. I love her sweet spirit.

She loves when we laugh. Yesterday she figured out how to tickle, and even worse she found my ticklish spot (which in no way will I disclose to anyone reading this). Hannah thought tickling me was hilarious, I think she actually laughed more. I love that little girls giggle. It's contagious. I hope it never changes, that and her quirkiness.

I love how little ones learn so many new things at this age. It is just fascinating to watch each milestone and accomplishment. Lately Hannah has been really cranking out the vocabulary. It's so fun to teach her new words. A really cute thing happened last week when we went shopping. The whole time she kept throwing out new words for things that she wanted. For example, when we went into Babys R Us, we walked by a kids ride and she pointed and said 'Elmo'. Sure enough it was a car with Elmo on it. I had totally forgotten that it was there so it shocked me when she said Elmo. I've been trying to get her to say that one for awhile now! So of course I had to let her ride it over and over, well actually 3 times to be exact, and it would have been more but my hot wiring skills are rusty and we were out of quarters.

Hannah now has a love for Sesame Street, mostly Elmo and Cookie Monster. She doesn't say Cookie Monster but anytime she sees him she starts jabbering in a growl, just like Cookie. Oh and the letter of the day, everyday for her is 'B'. A lot of her words are with a B. The more coherent ones are baby, bear, bye-bye, bath, boon(balloon), and book. She also likes to throw out words like Cheese, mine, no-no-no, doggy, wee!, uh-oh, Jesus, daddy, mama (not referring to me though, she calls herself mama when playing with her dolls), hot, shoe, and she's working on the word poo (isn't that nice).


This is where Hannah lets me do her hair. After months of struggling to do her hair while she would screamed, I came to the realization that she loves to sit on the dresser and watch in the mirror. Today I tried curls with the chi, they didn't hold. But a friend from the ward is going to show me how to use sponge rollers (I think that's the name of them). Playing with Hannah's hair is one of my favorite things to do with her. I love playing with her hair while she just jabbers and jabbers, probably updating me on Elmo or Curious George.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Hannah. It shows her quirkiness. She always stops what she is doing for the camera and then gives some funky smile (think of her dad, in this case...Love it!).

She loves to play chase, play with blocks, watch cartoons on my lap, and loves to cuddle and read books with me. Reading books and coloring with Hannah are one of our favorite things to do together. We probably spend half of the day reading on the nursery floor. It reminds me of how my Mom and I would spend many evenings.

Hannah also loves doing Pilate's with me. I have an aerobic Pilate's video that I do and she will go in circles around me as I do it. Other times she'll stomp her fit in place to the music (think of some bad 80's dance, that's her...but cute). And if she's really up for a workout she'll walk around during the video and every few steps stop and do some squats. And if you really want a laugh, just ask her to flex for ya. Do that and you'll see a mini hulk- flexing and grunting. It's the funniest thing!

Here's a video of her doing Pilate's with me. Sorry, it's a little bouncy. I should have just stopped exercising to get tape her, but you know the rule...gotta keep the heart rate up!


Chris calls Hannah my little shadow...So true! She follows me every where, not so much for attention (unless she thinks I'm upset of course) because once I get to where I'm going she just sits and plays. But if I get up again she gets up and follows, from one room to the next. Sometimes when I stop she comes up behind me and gives my leg and big hug. Melts me every time!

I love this girl. Even with all the tantrums and craziness, I wouldn't change a thing about her. We have had rough days but I know if I counted those they would be way out numbered by all the great ones!

I'm so blessed to have my own little Nanakins. She has the perfect little personality for us. I love being able to spend my days with her, to teach and to watch her grow. I wouldn't have it any other way!

7 comments:

ianspotlight said...

Hannah is such a little cutie!!! We miss her so much (and you two of course)! We can't wait until you come home. All our love,
Ange, Ben and Ian

Allyson said...

Dannie,
I know just what you mean! Isn't it amazing what a GIFT these children are and how blessed we are to have them in our lives to brighten our days. I'm so happy to see you so happy and loving being a mom as much as I do.
Love you,
Allyson

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Those busy little bodies are so much fun! She is so cute, love the pictures and the video of her squats, so funny!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is.. Loves Cookie Monster (doesn't everyone), says no no no and learning to say Poo! Sounds like she's focusing on all the important things to me... cookies, no, and poo! :)

Anonymous said...

In honor of Hannah's new word and just because the new verification word to post a comment is "poodi" I'm leaving another comment! :)

Holly said...

She is so cute!!!!! I LOVE the picture of her in her towell looking at the camera with her big blue eyes!!! You are so cute, and if I could say I was a talented and creative designer I would accept your request but really I'm just a poor student wife....hehe Ü

You're nice!!!

Carolyn Nelson said...

What beautiful poetry you write. You need to be an author. Seriously, I hope you make all the musings into a journal. She is adorable and you are so cute with her!