Sunday, November 21, 2010

Our Three Year Old

I figure since I spotlight Cael each month I should probably put up a post about Hannah (especially since I haven't been doing to great with the whole journal thing)

Lately we've had some pretty funny conversations with Hannah. Here are a few...

*A couple of weeks ago Hannah had a few days of being really bad at using the toilet. She just kept refusing to go. Anyways, during this particular conversation Hannah was about to go play outside when I stopped her and said "Hannah did you use the potty first?"
H-"Yes Mommy!"
Me- "Good, Because I know a certain young lady that's been going in her underwear lately."
Hannah's jaw dropped and she looked at me very seriously
H- "Mom! You go potty in your underwear?!"

*At church last week Hannah had to go to the restroom. We went by the men's room and Hannah started to go in...
Me- "Hannah, we're not going in that one. That restroom is for when Daddy takes you."
H- walks over and comforts me "Mommy does that bathroom scare you? It's okay Mommy."


*While taking a shower the other day Hannah walks in...
H- "knock, knock mommy!"
Me- "Who's there?"
H- "Its not me mommy!"

*Tonight we were all sitting in Hannah's room playing and I mentioned to Chris that we should get the Christmas stuff out so we can start reading Christmas books (we keep those with our Christmas decorations). This is when Hannah dissappeared, of course being the fabulous parents that we are we paid no attention to the fact that she went out to the garage. Next thing we know she's carrying in the 4 foot Christmas tree we had in the corner of the garage. She then dropped it in her doorway and said "I got it Mommy!"

4 comments:

Jessi said...

What a gal you have on your hands! So cute and so funny, seriously. Thanks for sharing your sweet Hannah stories with us. Made my night:)

Grammy said...

Out of the mouth of babes!

Carolyn Nelson said...

She is so precocious. Never know what she will come out with next. Go Hannah!

~Jen~ said...

I seriously love that girl...and obviously so do my kids b/c of all the kids we new in OKC she is the only one they routinely talk about.